“Client” or “User ” means any natural person purchasing and using our services whose personal data is collected and processed by the Service Provider.
“GDPR Regulation” refers to the General Data Protection Regulation available at https://gdpr-info.eu/.
“Impressum” refers to the document available at alandcloud.com/impressum.
“Service Provider” or “Aland Cloud” means the Aland Cloud GmbH through alandcloud.com.
“Website” refers to the alandcloud.com and cpanel.alandcloud.com.
[2.] Personal Data and Personal Information
Service Provider is the administrator of personal data provided by the Client/User in connection with or during the course of using or availing the services provided by the Service Provider.
The personal data of the Client/User is collected, processed, stored, and protected pursuant to the applicable laws and regulations, including the GDPR Regulation, and in cases required thereunder, with consent from the Client/User.
Aland Cloud collects only the data that is necessary for functionality to conclude an agreement, and to provide the services ordered by the Client/User, to provide technical or customer support, to provide information regarding the services of the Service Provider, to answer or respond to any query raised by the Client/User, or any other person browsing the website, and to provide updates by way of blogs, newsletters to the Client/User.
Personal information we may collect includes:
- name and last name;
- email address;
- phone number; and
- mode of payment for subscription.
In the cases required by the provisions of the applicable laws and regulations, including the GDPR Regulation, the Client/User consents to collecting, processing, and storing of their personal data by the Service Provider with the purposes to:
- contact the Client/User by the Service Provider;
- enable purchase and use of the services of Service Provider; and
- receive updates from the Service Provider.
The Client/User may revoke their consent to the processing of personal data at any time by duly communicating the same to the Service Provider. It is voluntary for the Client/User to provide the information marked as required, however providing such information is necessary to conclude the agreement and for the Service Provider to provide services and enable communication with Client/User.
If the Client/User does not provide the required personal data, and does not consent to collecting, processing and storage of personal data, it will not be possible for the Service Provider to register an account in its system for such Client/User, or to conclude a agreement and provide services for the Client/User.
The grounds for the Service Provider to process personal data provided are:
- the functionality requirements of the services;
- the need of Service Provider to perform contractual obligations towards its Clients/Users; and
- to take the necessary actions prior to entering into an agreement with the Client/User, at the Client/User’s request.
For the marketing of the services of Aland Cloud, and sending information on its offers or updates to the e-mail address(es) provided by the Client/User, the ground for processing of Client’s personal data is in pursuance of the legitimate interests of Aland Cloud.
Aland Cloud processes data to provide information about their products and services and thereby makes it possible to send information about the current offers to the Client/User.
In the case of providing newsletter services, the ground for processing of data is Client/User’s consent, which the Client/User may revoke at any time by duly intimating to the Service Provider.
Client’s personal data will be stored in a form allowing for identification of the Client/User for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are collected and lawfully processed.
Therefore, personal data will be stored for the period necessary to perform the agreement, and to provide the service chosen by the Client.
After that time, data will be processed for the period necessary to resolve any potential disputes that may arise in connection with the services being provided, e.g. relating to claims (the period shall include the period of limitation of claims under the contract, in accordance with the provisions in force of the applicable laws).
[3.] Disclosure of Personal Data or Personal Information
The Personal Information of Clients/Users may be disclosed to third parties by the Service Provider only in the ways described hereunder:
- to the third party or outside service providers of the Service Provider, who provide services such as domain registration, website hosting, payment processing, domain purchases and sales, order fulfillment, customer service, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, accounting and auditing services, marketing services, legal services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services for the Clients/Users;
- to a third party in the event of any corporate transformation or reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of the business of Service Provider, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Further, personal data can be disclosed to outside or third parties:
- under applicable law(s), including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process, summons, subpoenas, discovery requests;
- to respond to and/or comply with the requests from government authorities and other parties with legitimate interests, including law enforcement and government authorities outside the country of residence of Client/User, and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- to enforce the terms and conditions, and any other policy, agreement or contract of the Service Provider;
- to protect the operations of the Service Provider, or any of its affiliates;
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of the Service Provider, and/or that of its affiliates, the Clients/Users or others;
- to allow the Service Provider to pursue any legal remedies, actions, or recourses against the Clients/Users, or any other person.
Client/User has the right to access their personal data, and the right to demand that the personal data be supplemented, updated, transferred, or their processing be limited, rectified, temporarily or permanently withheld from processing or deleted when data is incomplete, outdated, untrue or has been collected in breach of the law or if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. Such demands or requests by the Clients/Users shall be duly communicated to the Service Provider in a reasonable and official manner. The Service Provider may refuse to delete personal data if the Client/User has violated the Terms & Conditions or other legal provisions in force, and it is necessary to retain the personal data in order to explain the circumstances of the breach and determine the Client/User’s liability, or assessing the extent of such breach and damages.
If the Client/User enters any personal data of other persons, they are allowed to do so only under condition that applicable laws are not infringed, and such persons whose data is entered, have agreed and consented to the use of their personal information, and their rights are not violated. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the Service Provider shall not be responsible, liable, or otherwise obligated to such persons in any manner whatsoever for the use of their data by the Client/User for any purpose, whether lawful or unlawful.
- improve Clients’/Users’ experience on its website;
- maintain selected items in Client’s/User’s account or shopping cart;
- understand the usage of its website by Clients/Users; and
- help identify the Clients/Users, and maintain their signed-in status.
Client/User may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on their browser which allows them to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if Clients/Users select this setting, they may not be able to access certain parts of the website.
The services of the Alan Cloud are not directed to individuals under 16 years of age, and the Service Provider does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16.
If the Service Provider becomes aware that a child under 16 years of age has provided it with Personal Information, the Service Provider will take steps to delete such information. If the Client/User or any other person become aware that a child under 16 years of age has provided the Service Provider with Personal Information, please contact the Service Provider.
Services to a child under 16 years of age can only be provided with the prior written consent and authorization of the person having parental responsibility over such child. However, to provide or decline to provide services in such cases shall be at the sole and absolute discretion of the Service Provider without assigning any reason(s) for providing or declining to provide services.
[6.] Other Operational and Ancillary Data
In some cases, the Service Provider automatically collects certain types of information when the Client/User visits its website and/or use its services. Such operational data related to the use of the website (IP address, domain name, etc.) are stored in aggregated and anonymized form. These data are used to better understand and to streamline the operation, functionality, and performance of the Website and generate statistics supporting the administration of the Website.
[7.] Data Protective Measures
Clients’/Users’ personal data is kept secured against being deliberately or intentionally made available to unauthorized person(s) or entity(ies), being accessed or taken over by any unauthorized person(s) or entity(ies), processed in breach of the applicable provisions, and/or altered, modified, lost, damaged or destroyed.
These protections are achieved by taking various technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data is processed securely, which is appropriate to the risks and categories of data being protected.
Any such alteration(s) or modification(s) shall be effective immediately upon sending you notice of such alteration(s)/modification(s) by email at the email address listed in your Account.
Clients/Users may contact the Aland Cloud at any time with:
- queries to obtain information on whether and how the Service Provider uses or intends to use their personal information;
- to report any events affecting the security of information and its transfer; or
- to revoke the Client’s consent to collecting and processing of personal information.
The email address at which Client/User may contact Aland Cloud for the purposes mentioned above is at email@example.com with ‘Data Protection’ as prefix in the subject line of the email.